- Due in part to USC’s presence, the neighborhood containing the university has approximately three times more Commercial zoning than the City at large.
- The USC Area neighborhood also has significantly more land zoned for Public Facilities, including Exposition Park, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum/the Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles Trade Tech College, as well as several K-12 schools.
- The neighborhood around USC has less than 1% of its land zoned for Parks and Open Space, compared to 21% Citywide.
- Nearly half of the land in the neighborhood around USC is zoned for Multi-Family housing, compared to 14% Citywide. Notably, multi-family housing can be built on commercially zoned land. Therefore, nearly 70% of the land near USC can be used to build multifamily housing compared to nearly 20% Citywide.
- Just 3% of the USC Area neighborhood is zoned for Single-Family Housing compared to 45% Citywide.